Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sriracha Mac & Cheese with Vienna Sausages

This is one of the easiest recipes you will ever make and has very simple ingredients and is super frugal.

Ingredients:
Store Brand Mac & Cheese
Milk (if needed for store brand recipe)
Small tin of Vienna Sausages - choose a flavor you like if it is an option
Sriracha as much as you like
Salt and Pepper to taste
Gold fish or similar crackers to garnish


Before I start on this 2 line recipe, I want to come clean and say this was a happy accident as opposed to a well thought out and planned recipe.

Being on a frugal kick, when I went to the grocery store, I wanted to spend no more than 5 bucks so I bought a loaf of white sandwich bread, 2 store brand mac and cheeses, 3 tins of vienna sausages (bbq flavored) and a brown paper bag (they charge you a nickel a bag at this place I go). I did have to go and buy milk separately for the mac and cheese but I think it cost me $2 for it.

OK so here is the recipe:

Make the store brand mac and cheese according to its recipe - after you drain off water, add the vienna sausages and a table spoon of sriracha sauce as well as salt and pepper to taste. Right before you serve crumble a handful of gold fish or similar crackers to add some texture

When I initially made this, I didn't include the sriracha or goldfish and it was just meh -- nothing to write home about.. Even adding the goldfish adds only a marginal benefit but the sriracha makes this amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment